How Does Rain Happen
We all know that rain is primary source of fresh water for most areas of the world, provlaing suitable condition for diverse ecosystems. Rain is water that descends from the sky through several processes until the rain occurs. Do you know how does rain happen? Sumber gambar: reference.com The phenomenon of rain is actually a water circle. The concept of water circle includes the sun heating the Earths water surface and causing the water surface to evaporate. Earths water includes water from lake, river, and ocean. Then, the water vapor experiences condensation and becomes condensed vapor. Condensed vapor is formed from droplets so that when the air temperature is higher, it makes the droplets gather, condensed and formed into clouds. The presence of winds helps clouds move and gather in other places that have lower temperatures. At that time, the droplets become heavier and unstoppable and cause the droplets to fall so that there is rain. If the droplets drop in an area with very cold temperatures, the droplets will drop as snow. However, not all rain reaches the surface. Some evaporates while falling through dry air. This is called Virga, a phenomenon which is often seen in hot, dry desert regions.
1. What is the social function of the text? 2. What is the terminology to describe the rain process?
3. What is the first step of water cycle?
4. What is Virga?
5. What is precipitation?
1. to Describe particular things
2. Water cycle
3. Evaporation where Sun heating the earth surface and causing the water
4. Some evaporates while falling trough dry air, a phenomenon which is
often seen in hot, dry desert regions
5. water vapor that falls under gravitational pull from clouds